Bookings Terms & Conditions
Check-in time: 4pm
Check-out time: 10am
These are the terms and conditions of booking between Saunton Beach Enterprises Limited (us, we, our) and any visitor booking and/or occupying a beach villa in our control (you, your).
- A contract for the hire of a beach villa between you and us arises only when you pay us the requested deposit sum, which in the absence of written agreement to the contrary is 25% of the sum appearing in our current tariff (“the Tariff”). If we believe that a holiday is unsuitable for any particular group, we will decline a booking at our sole discretion.
- The contract price will, in the absence of written agreement to the contrary, be the sum appearing in the Tariff. The balance of the contract price is due and payable from you to us on the day 8 weeks before the date your occupation begins.
- We will only treat your booking as final and confirmed upon our receipt of the full contract value from you. We may charge you a fixed administration fee of £10.00 if any cheque you send us is not honoured.
- Subject to clause 26, if you cancel your booking (whether in writing, by telephone, or by virtue of non-arrival in clause 9 below) you agree to pay us the following sums as liquidated damages, that is a genuine estimate of our anticipated loss:
Weeks between cancellation and start of intended occupation liquidated damages
More than eight whole weeks – 25% of the contract sum
More than 4 but less than eight whole weeks – 50% of the contract sum
More than 2 but less than 4 whole weeks – 75% of the contract sum
2 whole weeks or less – The contract sum
- We will send you directions to your villa on confirmation of your booking together with your remittance and any other details.
- We will use reasonable endeavours to (but are not under any obligation to) accept any alterations you propose to your booking subject to your paying us a £10.00 administration charge.
- In the unlikely event of the villa you have booked subsequently becomes unavailable, we will make reasonable endeavours to offer accommodation of a similar type and value. If we cannot find or you do not accept such an alternative, we shall refund you in full all monies paid but you agree you shall have no further claim against us.
- Prices in the tariff are inclusive of VAT at 20% and are subject to change if VAT is replaced increased or reduced.
- Your villa will be available from 4pm on arrival day. If you think you may arrive after 5pm on your arrival day, please let us know. If you do not tell us and your villa is not occupied by 10am on the day after your arrival day you agree that we will treat your booking as cancelled and we will re-let your villa.
- Departure time is no later than 10am on departure day. You agree to vacate the villa by this time. If you are booking at the end of March or the end of October remember the operation of British Summer Time
- We will require car registration details for your party at least one week before your check-in date. Failure to do so may result in a parking fee. You will have free access to Saunton Beach Car Park from midday on your check-in date, until midday on your check-out date.
- We welcome pets in the villas but you agree to pay us £35 for the first pet you or any member of your party brings (other than assistance dogs) for any booking that does not wholly coincide with our designated ‘dogs go free’ period. You must ensure your party’s dogs are kept on a lead under the control of a responsible adult at all times and wear a collar with an identity tag. You must clean up after your pet or you may be charged.
- Where possible, pets should not be left unattended in villas or elsewhere on the beach or burrows and should not go on bedding or seating. If your pet is not trained to not sit on bedding or seating, you must use throws/covers to protect it. We provide a maximum of 2 small blankets to cover the furniture – if you think you may need more throws/covers please bring your own. If you fail to fully protect the furniture, you will be charged for any damage or extra cleaning required. Managers reserve the right to make a charge to the credit/debit card used to book the accommodation.
- Saunton Sands and Braunton Burrows are an AONB and a UNESCO biosphere reserve. You agree to remove any pet belonging to you or your party we reasonably think is causing a nuisance on, or damage to, Saunton Beach Villas site, and to pay for any damage caused to the villa by your party’s pets.
- All damages and breakages caused to the accommodation and its contents, by you or any other member of your party, are the legal responsibility of you, the hirer. Villas are thoroughly checked by our housekeeping team however, if you notice any damages/breakages in your Villa please notify reception immediately (within 24 hours of checking in).
- If you or any members of your party cause any damages/breakages to the accommodation or its contents, please inform reception before the end of your stay. The cost of damages/breakages shall be payable upon demand.
- If you fail to notify us of damages/breakages, or if extra cleaning is required, managers reserve the right to make a charge to the credit/debit card used to book the accommodation. Managers reserve the right to refuse further bookings. For minor breakages we have provided an honesty envelope in your Villa.
- You are responsible for your personal possessions in the villas and we are not liable for any loss or damage to these.
- We provide all adult bed linen, tea towels, a hand towel & a bath mat. We do not provide cot linen or any other towels so please bring your own.
- You must ensure that all children are properly supervised by parents or guardians whenever you are on the Saunton Sands and burrows site. You must ensure that at least one adult is amongst any party occupying any villa.
- You recognise our holidays are primarily for families and you must ensure your behaviour and that of your party is appropriate and is not unduly noisy, offensive or likely to cause any harm to other guests, staff or property at Saunton beach villas.
- If in our reasonable opinion your behaviour or that of your guests is illegal, offensive, disruptive or inappropriate we will ask you to leave the holiday site. In these circumstances we will not give you a refund.
- Should any of the terms of this agreement be officially declared void or unenforceable, all other parts of this agreement will remain in full force and effect, where possible.
- In all cases, except personal injury or death, our liability to you is limited to the cost (excluding insurance premiums and amendment charges) of your booking.
- By entering into this agreement, you understand that the details provided by you will be used in your booking and providing your villa and for related purposes, including marketing by us alone. You also confirm that you have the consent of your party members to make their data available for the same purposes.
- If you pay us, on or before the day you pay us the deposit, a further sum equal to 3% of the contract price, we will waive any liquidated damages due under clause 4 of the booking terms and conditions, if the cancellation is occasioned by:
a. You or any member of your party being disabled by accidental bodily injury, sickness, pregnancy, childbirth or compulsory quarantine (where such disablement is certified by a qualified registered medical practitioner),
b. You or any member of your party being summonsed for jury service or appearance as a witness,
c. Your death or the death of any member of your party, or
d. Death or illness of any relative or close business associate of you or any member of your party (certified by a medical practitioner).
- This agreement is subject to English law and the courts of England and Wales have exclusive jurisdiction.