Bookings Terms & Conditions
Check-in time: 4pm
Check-out time: 10am
These are the terms and conditions of booking between Saunton Beach Enterprises Limited (us, we, our) and any visitor booking and/or occupying a beach villa in our control (you, your).
- A contract for the hire of a beach villa between you and us arises only when you pay us the requested deposit sum, which in the absence of written agreement to the contrary is 25% of the sum appearing in our current tariff (“the Tariff”). If we believe that a holiday is unsuitable for any particular group, we will decline a booking at our sole discretion.
- The contract price will, in the absence of written agreement to the contrary, be the sum appearing in the Tariff. The balance of the contract price is due and payable from you to us on the day 8 weeks before the date your occupation begins.
- We will only treat your booking as final and confirmed upon our receipt of the full contract value from you. We may charge you a fixed administration fee of £10.00 if any cheque you send us is not honoured.
- Subject to clause 26, if you cancel your booking (whether in writing, by telephone, or by virtue of non-arrival in clause 9 below) you agree to pay us the following sums as liquidated damages, that is a genuine estimate of our anticipated loss:
Weeks between cancellation and start of intended occupation liquidated damages
More than eight whole weeks – 25% of the contract sum
More than 4 but less than eight whole weeks – 50% of the contract sum
More than 2 but less than 4 whole weeks – 75% of the contract sum
2 whole weeks or less – The contract sum
- We will send you directions to your villa on confirmation of your booking together with your remittance and any other details.
- We will use reasonable endeavours to (but are not under any obligation to) accept any alterations you propose to your booking subject to your paying us a £10.00 administration charge.
- In the unlikely event of the villa you have booked subsequently becomes unavailable, we will make reasonable endeavours to offer accommodation of a similar type and value. If we cannot find or you do not accept such an alternative, we shall refund you in full all monies paid but you agree you shall have no further claim against us.
- Prices in the tariff are inclusive of VAT at 20% and are not subject to change if VAT is replaced increased or reduced.
- Your villa will be available from 4pm on arrival day. If you think you may arrive after 5pm on your arrival day, please let us know. If you do not tell us and your villa is not occupied by 10am on the day after your arrival day you agree that we will treat your booking as cancelled and we will re-let your villa.
- Departure time is no later than 10am on departure day. You agree to vacate the villa by this time. If you are booking at the end of March or the end of October remember the operation of British Summer Time
- We will require car registration details for your party at least one week before your check-in date. Failure to do so may result in a parking fee. You will have free access to Saunton Beach Car Park from midday on your check-in date, until midday on your check-out date.
- We welcome pets in the villas but you agree to pay us £40 (price correct for 2019) for the first pet you or any member of your party brings (other than assistance dogs) for any booking that does not wholly coincide with our designated ‘dogs go free’ period. You must ensure your party’s dogs are kept on a lead under the control of a responsible adult at all times and wear a collar with an identity tag. You must clean up after your pet or you may be charged.
- Where possible, pets should not be left unattended in villas or elsewhere on the beach or burrows and should not go on bedding or seating. If your pet is not trained to not sit on bedding or seating, you must use throws/covers to protect it. We provide a maximum of 2 small blankets to cover the furniture – if you think you may need more throws/covers please bring your own. If you fail to fully protect the furniture, you will be charged for any damage or extra cleaning required. Managers reserve the right to make a charge to the credit/debit card used to book the accommodation.
- Saunton Sands and Braunton Burrows are an AONB and a UNESCO biosphere reserve. You agree to remove any pet belonging to you or your party we reasonably think is causing a nuisance on, or damage to, Saunton Beach Villas site, and to pay for any damage caused to the villa by your party’s pets.
You may not stay on site if:
• Your entire party are under 18
• You have previously been banned from the site
• You are a convicted sex offender
- All damages and breakages caused to the accommodation and its contents, by you or any other member of your party, are the legal responsibility of you, the hirer. Villas are thoroughly checked by our housekeeping team however, if you notice any damages/breakages in your Villa please notify reception immediately (within 24 hours of checking in).
- If you or any members of your party cause any damages/breakages to the accommodation or its contents, please inform reception before the end of your stay. The cost of damages/breakages shall be payable upon demand.
- If you fail to notify us of damages/breakages, or if extra cleaning is required, managers reserve the right to make a charge to the credit/debit card used to book the accommodation. Managers reserve the right to refuse further bookings. For minor breakages we have provided an honesty envelope in your Villa.
- You are responsible for your personal possessions in the villas and we are not liable for any loss or damage to these.
- We provide all adult bed linen, tea towels, a hand towel & a bath mat. We do not provide cot linen or any other towels so please bring your own.
- You must ensure that all children are properly supervised by parents or guardians whenever you are on the Saunton Sands and burrows site. You must ensure that at least one adult is amongst any party occupying any villa.
- You recognise our holidays are primarily for families and you must ensure your behaviour and that of your party is appropriate and is not unduly noisy, offensive or likely to cause any harm to other guests, staff or property at Saunton beach villas.
- If in our reasonable opinion your behaviour or that of your guests is illegal, offensive, disruptive or inappropriate we will ask you to leave the holiday site. In these circumstances we will not give you a refund.
- Should any of the terms of this agreement be officially declared void or unenforceable, all other parts of this agreement will remain in full force and effect, where possible.
- In all cases, except personal injury or death, our liability to you is limited to the cost (excluding insurance premiums and amendment charges) of your booking.
- By entering into this agreement, you understand that the details provided by you will be used in your booking and providing your villa and for related purposes, including marketing by us alone. You also confirm that you have the consent of your party members to make their data available for the same purposes.
- If you pay us, on or before the day you pay us the deposit, a further sum equal to 3% of the contract price, we will waive any liquidated damages due under clause 4 of the booking terms and conditions, if the cancellation is occasioned by:
a. You or any member of your party being disabled by accidental bodily injury, sickness, pregnancy, childbirth or compulsory quarantine (where such disablement is certified by a qualified registered medical practitioner),
b. You or any member of your party being summonsed for jury service or appearance as a witness,
c. Your death or the death of any member of your party, or
d. Death or illness of any relative or close business associate of you or any member of your party (certified by a medical practitioner).
Read full cancellation policy.
- This agreement is subject to English law and the courts of England and Wales have exclusive jurisdiction.
Saunton Beach Villas is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Saunton Beach Villas may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25th May 2018.
What information do we collect about you?
We collect information about you when you complete a booking with us. These details include: name, address, email address, telephone number and age group. This is stored on our online booking system. We also collect information when you voluntarily complete customer surveys, provide feedback and participate in competitions. Website usage information is collected using cookies. We use Google Analytics to for our own statistical analysis.
How information about you will be used
The information you provide when completing a booking (online or over the phone) is necessary for your booking to be processed. It is necessary for us to retain your data from the time of booking plus 6 months thereafter. During this time, we will not be able to remove your data.
Your data will remain on our internal booking system for 5 years from the last interaction with the booking. If you wish to review your information, or have your information amended or removed, please contact us. We share your details with selected business partners, including:
- Cloud providers that help us to store your information
- Payment services that process your payment information on our behalf
- Search engine operators that help us understand how to improve our visibility online
- Regulators and law enforcement agencies (if there is legal reason to do so)
- IT and marketing service providers that help us with our own internal IT and marketing issues
We may need to use the contact details provided in order to contact you about your booking. For example, we may need to:
- Contact you prior to your stay to discuss your break or take payment information.
Ii. Contact you whilst you are travelling to us to arrange a key safe, or to give you information about your stay.
Iii. Contact you after you have checked out if there has been an issue with your stay.
Iv: Contact you during your stay should any issue arise regarding your Villa or guests.
The telephone numbers you provide will not be used for marketing purposes by us or any other third party. You do not have to tell us your phone number, but it will help us to contact you should we need to contact you about your booking.
Marketing and data analysis
We would like to send you information about our own Villa holidays, by post and email. If you have followed our double opt-in marketing consent process via Mailchimp, you have agreed to receive these materials.
Access to your information and correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please contact us. We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct information you think is inaccurate.
Right to be forgotten: It is necessary for us to store customer from the time of booking, and for 6 months after your stay. After this time, you may ask for your data to be removed from our systems, at which point your information will be removed from all of our databases within 5 working days. Please contact us if you wish for your details to be removed.
For more information on how your information is used, how we maintain the security of your information, and your rights to access information we hold on you, please contact us. You can see your data by logging in to your account on our booking system: www.sauntonvillasbooking.co.uk
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity. For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
How to contact us
I understand the following: You will use the information I have provided to process booking. You will use the information provided to you for your own internal market research and data analysis. You will keep my information for 5 years from the last interaction with the booking. It is necessary for you to keep my data from the date of booking, and for 6 months after my break, after which time I may request for my data to be removed. I am responsible for the accuracy of the data given to you. I declare that the information I have given is correct and complete.