Updated Bookings Terms & Conditions (10/11/20 Onwards)
These terms and conditions came into effect on our booking system on Tuesday 10th November 2020. All guests making bookings on or after this date would have been asked to accept these Terms and Conditions upon checking out.
To view our previous terms and conditions, please click here.
Check-in time: 4pm
Check-out time: 10am
These are the terms and conditions of booking between Saunton Beach Enterprises Limited (us, we, our) and the person named as the lead tenant on the booking form (you, your).
- A contract for the hire of a beach villa between you and us arises only when you pay us the requested deposit sum, which in the absence of written agreement to the contrary is 25% of the total cost of the holiday (“the Holiday Cost”). If we believe that a holiday is unsuitable for any particular group, we will decline a booking at our sole discretion.
- The contract price will, in the absence of written agreement to the contrary, be the Holiday Cost. The balance of the contract price is due and payable from you to us on the day 8 weeks before the date your occupation begins.
- The contract price for the hire of the beach Villa is for the Villa itself; prices are not per person. There are no discounts available for reduced occupancy, nor will any refunds be given should your party size change for any reason.
- We recommend that holiday insurance is taken out when making a booking even when payment is made in full.
- We will only treat your booking as final and confirmed upon our receipt of the full contract value from you.
- If you cancel your booking (whether in writing, by telephone, or by virtue of non-arrival in clause 9 below) you agree to pay us the following sums as liquidated damages, that is a genuine estimate of our anticipated loss:
Weeks between cancellation and start of intended occupation liquidated damages
More than eight whole weeks – 25% of the contract sum
More than 4 but less than eight whole weeks – 50% of the contract sum
More than 2 but less than 4 whole weeks – 75% of the contract sum
2 whole weeks or less – The contract sum
- We will send you directions to your villa on confirmation of your booking together with your remittance and any other details.
- We will use reasonable endeavours to (but are not under any obligation to) accept any alterations you propose to your booking.
- In the unlikely event of the villa you have booked subsequently becomes unavailable due to a double booking, we will make reasonable endeavours to offer accommodation of a similar type and value. If we cannot find or you do not accept such an alternative, we shall either refund you in full all monies paid or if you prefer give you store credit but you agree you shall have no further claim against us. If you elect to receive store credit the following rules shall apply, the store credit:
9.1.1 shall have no expiration date;
9.1.2 may only be used by the named customer;
9.1.3 Is non- transferable;
9.1.4 may be split between multiple holidays;
9.1.5 cannot be exchanged/redeemed for cash;
9.1.6 cannot be used to purchase gift vouchers
9.2 Any holidays booked with store credit will be subject to our standard terms and conditions. If you cancel a break that has been paid for with credit, any refund due will be returned to store credit, not cash.
- Your villa will be available from 4pm on arrival day.If you think you may arrive after 5pm on your arrival day, please let us know. If you do not tell us and your villa is not occupied by 10am on the day after your arrival day you agree that we will treat your booking as cancelled and we will re-let your villa.
- Departure time is no later than 10am on departure day.You agree to vacate the villa by this time. If you are booking at the end of March or the end of October remember the operation of British Summer Time. We reserve the right to charge for all costs and expenses incurred in the event of late departure.
- We will require car registration details for your party at least one week before your check-in date. Failure to do so may result in a parking fee. You will have free access to Saunton Beach Car Park from midday on your check-in date, until midday on your check-out date. We allow free parking for one car per bedroom in the property: 4 berth = 2 cars, 6 berth = 3 cars, 8 berth = 4 cars. Additional cars and day visitors are subject to standard parking charges.
- We welcome pets in the villas but you agree to pay us the then current Dog Charge for the first pet you or any member of your party brings (other than assistance dogs) for any booking that does not wholly coincide with our designated ‘dogs go free’ period. You must ensure your party’s dogs are kept on a lead under the control of a responsible adult at all times and wear a collar with an identity tag. You must clean up after your pet or you may be charged.
- Where possible, pets should not be left unattended in villas or elsewhere on the beach or burrows and should not go on bedding or seating. If your pet is not trained to not sit on bedding or seating, you must use throws/covers to protect it. We provide a maximum of 2 small blankets to cover the furniture – if you think you may need more throws/covers please bring your own. If you fail to fully protect the furniture, you will be charged for any damage or extra cleaning required. You hereby authorise Us to make a charge to the credit/debit card used to book the accommodation for all damages so caused .
- Saunton Sands and Braunton Burrows are an AONB and a UNESCO biosphere reserve. You agree to remove any pet belonging to you or your party we reasonably think is causing a nuisance on, or damage to, Saunton Beach Villas site, and to pay for any damage caused to the villa by your party’s pets.
- You may not stay on site if:
- Your entire party are under 18 years of age.
- You have previously been banned from the site
- You are a convicted sex offender
- You shall keep the Villa and all furniture, fixtures, fittings and effects in, on or at the Villa in the same state of repair as at the commencement of the holiday, and shall leave the Villa in the same state of cleanliness and general order in which it was found.
- All damages and breakages caused to the accommodation and its contents, by you or any other member of your party, are your legal responsibility as the hirer. Villas are thoroughly checked by our housekeeping team however, if you notice any damages/breakages in your Villa please notify reception immediately (within 24 hours of checking in).
- If you or any member of your party cause any damages/breakages to the accommodation or its contents, please inform reception before the end of your stay. The cost of damages/breakages shall be payable upon demand.
- If you fail to notify us of damages/breakages, or if extra cleaning is required, you hereby authorise us to make a charge for such damage or extra cleaning to the credit/debit card used to book the accommodation. Managers reserve the right to refuse further bookings. For minor breakages we have provided an honesty envelope in your Villa.
- We shall be allowed access to the Villa at any reasonable time during any holiday occupancy.
- You are responsible for your personal possessions in the villas and we are not liable for any loss or damage to these.
- We provide all adult bed linen, tea towels, a hand towel & a bath-mat. We do not provide cot linen or any other towels so please bring your own.
- You must ensure that all children are properly supervised by parents or guardians whenever you are on the Saunton Sands and Burrows site. You must ensure that at least one adult is amongst any party occupying any villa.
- You recognise our holidays are primarily for families and you must ensure your behaviour and that of your party is appropriate and is not unduly noisy, offensive or likely to cause any harm to other guests, staff or property at Saunton beach villas.
- If in our reasonable opinion your behaviour or that of your guests is illegal, offensive, disruptive or inappropriate we will ask you to leave the holiday site forthwith. In these circumstances we will not give you a refund.
- In the event of there being cause for complaint concerning a villa, the matter shall be taken up with us at once. It is important that this is done whilst you are still at the villa so that an on-the-spot investigation can be made if necessary and remedial action taken if required.
- In no circumstances will compensation be considered for complaints raised after the holiday has ended, if you have denied us the opportunity of investigating the complaint and endeavouring to remedy matters during the holiday.
- Should any of the terms of this agreement be officially declared void or unenforceable, all other parts of this agreement will remain in full force and effect, where possible.
- In all cases, except personal injury or death, our liability to you is limited to the cost (excluding insurance premiums and amendment charges) of your booking.
- By entering into this agreement, you understand that the details provided by you will be used in your booking and providing your villa and for related purposes, including marketing by us alone. You also confirm that you have the consent of your party members to make their data available for the same purposes.
- This agreement is subject to English law and the courts of England and Wales have exclusive jurisdiction.